Friday, May 23, 2008

Anticipation

Tomorrow morning I leave for Bombay and spend a few days there before I make my way to Karachi.

When I am completely new to something, I make the most sincere observations because I have not been around long enough to attract bias. I will have to pay special attention to storing my initial impressions to memory before I begin to fall into the fringes of familiarity.

Here's what Ralphie Emerson says:
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." I think that sounds really right.

au revoir mes amis!

Or, far more appropriately, fir milenge mere dost!

1 comment:

Ishita said...

alia!
congratualtions on your travel fellowship! it sounds wonderful and i'm sure you're making the most of the oppurtunity.
i'm gonna be a frequent visitor to your blog, so keep it going, its great!